SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Garnier & Garnier, the developer of La Lima Free Zone and Business Park understands its responsibility as a corporate citizen and engages with surrounding communities by developing strong bonds, aspiring to become a valuable neighbor in every town or city where it operates. Our approach starts with a social diagnose to understand the communities’ expectations toward us, their projects, problems and major capabilities.
The results of this first approach become a strategic plan developed with the community.
Projects in La Lima Free Zone:
- La Lima Community Computer Center. Operated by the local association and Municipality, trains in basic computer knowledge to the nearest community members.
- Robotics program for local schools. Vocational studies show that our career election starts in elementary school. The robotics program promotes children’s interest in Science and Technology through game and team interaction. The program is being developed in a near school that teaches students from socially vulnerable areas.
- Pre – approval of LEED credits to facilitate our customers to obtain credits by installing their operation with us.
- Use of exclusively native plants and trees in all of our gardens.
- Recycling program for our customers in coordination with Cartago’s Chamber of Commerce.